Westmead Neurosurgery offers a Fellowship position in Complex Adult Spinal Surgery. The 12 month position commences in July. The majority of the time is spent at the Westmead campus, at both Westmead Hospital and Westmead Private Hospital. Fellows are exposed to a wide variety of treatment options, surgical techniques, and innovative technologies under the supervision of Dr Andrew Kam, Dr Gordon Dandie, Associate Professor Brian Owler, and Dr Jacqueline McMaster.
Applications are called for suitably qualified and experienced surgeons for a Postgraduate Fellow, Neurosurgery for a period of 12 months. The candidate will be responsible to the Department of Neurosurgery, Westmead Hospital. The Postgraduate Spine Fellow will be involved in multidisciplinary care of patients with Neurosurgical conditions.
The Postgraduate Fellow will be expected to participate in the Neurosurgery clinics, perform operative procedures required to an appropriate standard, be involved in the supervision of Registrars and Residents and be involved in teaching and education.
- Posses or be eligible for registration with New South Wales Medical Board.
- Possess or be eligible for Fellowship in Neurosurgery of the Royal Australasian college of surgeons or other specialist recognition as provided for in the Staff Specialists (State) Award 2006.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex multidisciplinary services
- Demonstrated highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated participation in the supervision of junior medical staff
- Experience in teaching and educational activities
- Demonstrated interest in the management of Neurosurgical patients.
Terms and Conditions
Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Staff Specialists (State) Award 2006 - Postgraduate Fellow. No right of private practice will be offered
For further enquiries please contact Dr Andrew Kam, Neurosurgery, +612 9633 1013 or email email@example.com