Westmead Neurosurgery offers a Spine Fellowship position in Complex Adult Spinal Surgery. It is a12-month position subject to extension upon application.The majorityof the time is spent at the Westmead campus, at both Westmead Hospital and Westmead Private Hospital. Fellows are exposed to a wide variety of treatment options, surgical techniques, and innovative technologies under the supervision of Dr Andrew Kam, Dr Gordon Dandie, Dr Jacqueline McMaster and Dr Yingda Li.
Applications are called for suitably qualified and experienced surgeons for a Postgraduate Fellow with the Department of Neurosurgery for a period of 12 months. The Postgraduate Spine Fellow will be involved in the multidisciplinary care of patients with all Neurosurgical conditions.
The Postgraduate Fellow will be expected to participate in the Neurosurgery outpatient clinics, perform operative procedures to the appropriate standard, be involved in the supervision of Training Registrars and Residents and be involved in all teaching and education activities.
- Possesses or be eligible for registration with New South Wales Medical Board.
- Possessesor be eligible for Fellowship in Neurosurgery of the Royal Australasian college of surgeons or other specialist recognition as provided for in the NSW Staff Specialists Award 2019.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex multidisciplinary services
- Demonstrated highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated participation in the supervision of junior medical staff
- Experience in teaching and educational activities
- Demonstrated interest in the management of Neurosurgical patients.
Terms and Conditions
- Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with the NSW Staff Specialists Award 2019.
- NO private practice privileges will be offered.
For further enquiries, please contact Dr Andrew Kam, Department of Neurosurgery, Westmead Hospitals
Tel No:+612 9633 1013